Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Short Introduction

I am of the firm belief that before any validity can be given to the opinions of an individual, a modest amount of information should be provided to give the reader some form of insight into the motivations and character of the writer, so without further ado, a bit about myself:

I was born and raised in Danville, Kentucky where I attended public school until graduation in the year 2000. After completing my high school education the undertaking of entering the industrial workforce was had, but to no avail. After several attempts at different means and methods of production were made, the realization that factory work would not be acceptable was clear.

One year after entering the work force an impasse was reached and the decision to join the military was made. I do not intend to elaborate on the particulars of this period of my life due to experiences with prejudgment and detectable changes in the demeanor and dispositions of those I converse with, suffice to say that I weigh the knowledge gained during this time heavily and if presented the option of a second attempt at life, the course would be traveled in much the same way.

My political views have been fiercely independent and sometimes rather unconventional. I refused to vote in the past two elections out of protest, the idea that not voting invalidates any opinion of the non-voter seeming a bit absurd. I don't believe much in the simplicity of labels, for once a thing is labeled it can be discriminated against, its arguments misrepresented or the worst case scenario, its ethical tenants can be turned into sound-bites, reduced to fragments of ideology that are easily refuted.

Having made myself known, I look forward to providing opinions and different perceptions on the current actions of our political system. The wealth of information and the rate at which it is released is daunting, but I will make a humble attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment